Spekulatius. . . mmmhhhh. . . Nothing tastes more like Christmas than these fantastic cookies! Spekulatius is also available in another form: as heavenly-creamy, fluffy-light, vegan Spekulatius-Cupcakes! Here’s Cake’n’Riot’s remix on the classic winter treat.
– 2 cups flour
– 1 cup sugar
– ¼ cup cocoa powder
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
– 2 tsp vanilla sugar
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 cups oat / soy / rice-soy milk
– 2 tsp cider vinegar
– 2/3 cups rapeseed oil
– 4 tsp Speculoos spice
– 1 pack of sweetened vegan whipped cream
– 1 Tl cream stiffener
– a few Speculoos biscuits for decoration
- Mix the plant milk with the apple vinegar and let the mixture stand for a few minutes.
- During this time, mix the dry ingredients together and add 2 tsp of the specula spice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix everything with a whisk.
- Fill the dough in muffin dishes in a muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes at 160° C in the oven. Best with hot air.
- Let the muffins cool down well. During this time, mix the cream together with the cream stiffener and the rest of the Spekulatius spice with the blender at the highest speed until everything is stiff.
- Put the cream in a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes with it. In the end, you can decorate the tartlets with broken biscuits.
Cake’n’Riot is a vegan catering company based in Leipzig, Germany, which specializes in sweets such as cakes and cupcakes. You can order your tasty treats at www.cakenriot.de. More delicious vegan recipes can be found at www.riotyoga.de.