- 300 g rye flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 200 g sugar
- 100 ml Joya Organic Almond Drink
- 2 tablespoons gingerbread spice
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Flour to roll out
- Joya Organic Almond Drink for coating
- Blanched almonds, walnuts or sugar pearls for decoration
Get it fast, or the almond gingerbread will be gone in no time! This typical Christmas gingerbread taste is at it’s best here without the need for honey.
- To make the almond gingerbread, mix flour, almonds, sugar, spices and baking soda together in a large bowl. Mix in the Joya Organic Almond Drink and knead the dough into a ball.
- Let the dough rest for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C. Roll out the gingerbread dough on a floured surface to a thickness of approx. 1 cm and cut out the forms. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, splash with almond drink and decorate with almonds, walnuts or sugar pearls.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the gingerbread in the oven, because baking it for too long can make it dry.
Tip: The gingerbread remains soft for a long time if you put a piece of apple in the cookie jar.